Monday, November 10, 2008

Special Edition CD/DVD Packaging Ideas





For this project I was thinking about doing a cd set for one of my favorite bands AC/DC.  I'm not quite sure if I want to do a completely new box set or redesign one they already have.  I was thinking about redesigning Bonfire which is a tribute to their original singer who passed away Bon Scott.  Overall the design isn't too bad, but I think it looks outdated especially the designs on the CD cases that come in it.

For a new design I was thinking about doing a different tribute to Bon Scott by making a box set of all the studio albums he did before he died.  The Bonfire set is mostly live or rare tracks so I was thinking putting all the studio albums plus some rare stuff might be a cool idea.

AC/DC is mostly known for their live performances so I wanted to try and incorporate that in the design with images of them performing and maybe concert posters and ticket stubs.  I like the feel of their website  www.acdc.com with the concert flyers and tickets in a collage.  I think their site gives off the feel of being at a bar or a concert. Here are a couple examples of their other special edition cd's/dvd's